PA is the 5th state I’ve lived in and I LOVE it! I recently bought my first home with my husband and we’re living happily ever after there with our furry kids (Boston Terrier mixes) Misha and Olive.
Education: I’m for it! Seriously…I graduated from William Woods University (never heard of it…right?). It’s known for its Equestrian Science (ponies!) program…so it makes sense that I went there to study Communications and Theatre. I also like ponies!
Hobbies: Other than music and ponies, I’m passionate about food. I love eating it, cooking it, watching others cook it…and don’t even mind when people constantly post pictures of food on facebook/instagram.
Occupation: Guess…just guess…stumped? I play awesome music for you on FM97! I love music and always have. I secretly wish that I’d had insane stage parents that pushed me into being a huge singing/acting sensation…oh well. (You may occasionally hear one of my cartoon voices on an educational app or elsewhere!)
Celeb I'd Like to Meet: Chelsea Handler...although she hates redheads, she has a soft spot for "nuggets" and a t 4' 8'' I just might qualify!
Want to know more? Shoot me an e-mail at Leah@fm97.com.
Meet your new favorite Taylor Swift–feminist rhetoric mashup Twitter @FeministTSwift and the woman behind it.
@FeministTSwift is the creation of Clara Beyer, a rising senior at Brown University who runs That Girl Magazine, a college blog devoted to “carefully walking the line between fucking the patriarchy and recommending an awesome new lipstain."
“I consider myself a feminist, and I blog about that kind of thing all the time, but I also LOVE Taylor Swift,” Beyer says. “Being a feminist Taylor Swift fan isn’t always easy, but it led to @FeministTSwift, so I’m not really complaining.”
Here are some of the tweets...
"She wears high heels / I wear sneakers / We're each expressing our gender identities in ways that make us feel comfortable / Date me"
"I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter / She is the best thing that's ever been mine" / Hold on, why am I a man's property?"
"It's a love story / Baby just say yes / because consent should always be freely and enthusiastically given"
"Abigail gave her virginity to a boy who changed his mind / but virginity wasn't all she had to offer / she had been duped by the patriarchy"
In other TSwift news...here's her newish video with Ed Sheeran for "Everything has Changed."
5 Fun Facts About 'Man Of Steel' Star Henry Cavill...
1) Henry Cavill is the third British actor to play an American Superhero...Henry Cavill was born in on the Bailiwick of Jersey, a British Crown Dependence in the Channel Islands on May 5, 1983 and is the third British actor who has portrayed a legendary American Superhero. The other two superhero British actors are - Christian Bale (Batman) along with the latest Spiderman Andrew Garfield, who has duel American and British citizenship - so officially we can say he's from the UK.
2) Cavill Had a Leading role in Showtime's "The Tudors"...For those that don't get Showtime or have never watched the series, Cavill played Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk in "The Tudors"–the series won an Emmy in 2008 and Cavill credits the show with advancing his career: "It’s done the most for me to date. Now that there's an audience somewhere in America that’s aware of who I am, I have more sell-ability, because of The Tudors." -Chicks also dug him shirtless in the 2011 movie "Immortals."
3) Cavill had a super-diet to get his body to "Man of Steel" stature...In a Total Film interview Henry Cavill revealed “I’m on 5000 calories a day…You’ve got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs…you’ve gotta keep your hunger levels going. I’m training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman.” (He gained 20 lbs of muscle!)
4) In real life Henry Cavill's girlfriend can probably kick his butt!...Cavill is currently dating former mixed martial artist Gina Carano. Carano was formerly the third best MMA female fighter in the world in her weight class. Now an actress, she also starred in Haywire (2011) and just recently in Fast & Furious 6.
5) Henry Cavill would like to be the next James Bond...When asked if he would ever like to play the role: “That would be absolutely amazing. If they approached me on that I’d leap at the opportunity to do it. But that’s of course well away for the time being…”
The final running time for Man Of Steel is 2 hours and 23 minutes. The first cut was over 3 hours long. A sequel has already been approved.
Will Superman flick Man of Steel become the 25th movie to earn more than $100 million its first weekend? (probably) This weekend at the megaplexes, there’s no stopping Man of Steel. It’s rolling out in over 4,200 theaters, the vast majority playing in 3D, and should be able to leap the $100 million mark in a single bound.
A movie exec says, (quote) “Only 24 films have hit that $100 million on their opening weekend. That extra zero can make a big difference in the headlines and social media buzz.”
The only other new film is the R-rated comedy This Is the End, starring Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel, Craig Robinson and Danny McBride. (Rihanna, Emma Watson and Mindy Kaling make cameos.) It could become one of the sleeper hits of the summer, after getting an early start on Wednesday, it has earned impressive numbers and critical reviews. Final ticket sales by Monday will easily be more than $30 million and may approach $40 million.
Charlie Sheen and Farrah Abraham have been flirting on Twitter.
Farrah: “Helloooooo! Just wanted to say I was excited to meet you if anger management ever ends up booking me, but idk if that will happen so I just felt like saying your super funny and would love to meet you at some point & I’m in town alot & hopefully soon will move to the area and maybe we can meet up for a play date with our children or if your cool for just coffee and relaxing let me know :) This week im doing appearances & other work and could only meet later so — all the best & hope your having a great week.”
Charlie: “you sound fabulous! coffee is for amateurs and grandma… would love to get together!!”
Farrah: “Hey Charlie! I’m in town with my family this week so if you would like to do kids play date let me know also I’m going to do a B-Day party I think Friday night you can come if you are up for some drinks but there will be like pornstar ppl there so if your not comfortable with that then let me know something else you would like to do :) hope you have a good day Farrah.”
Charlie: “That is quite the spectrum to navigate young lady…”
Farrah: “Ha ok well let me know what your comfortable with :) my life is a wide spectrum
Charlie: “good answer!”
Charlie Sheen was not happy Farrah shared they're conversation with TMZ and shot this letter to her...
"hey, you desperate guzzler of stagnant douche agua;
I truly do not recall giving you permission to globally reveal any communication between us. congrats on surviving your lobotomy and an even bigger congratz on the recent attempt at porn.
your daughter must be so proud.
please send my number to middle earth and if allowed, eagerly follow it into said abyss and slam the door behind you. the world will collectively sigh as the pungent memory of you vanishes into the pedestrian troposphere of lame-suck and zero-life.
oh and I’m sure they’ll wave the cover charge when they see your tranny-boobs and five o’clock shadow.